Availability, Booking and Rates
PAYMENTS & CANCELLATION POLICY:
- A 50% deposit is payable when reservation is made. No reservation is confirmed without proof of payment of the deposit.
- The balance as well as the key and breakage deposit of R500-00 is payable one week prior to arrival. The deposit will be refunded within seven days after departure.
- In all other circumstances the full quoted amount is payable as soon as the quote is accepted by the prospective guests.
- A booking without pre-payment and presentation of necessary documentation is not considered a confirmed booking.
- A presented quotation is not considered a reservation or confirmed reservation.
- Reservation requests (followed by a quotation) cannot be guaranteed. Please re-confirm availability if quotation is accepted before making payment.
- La Maison Bleue owners accept the following methods of payment: Electronic Funds Transfers and Direct Deposits.
- As soon as proof of payment (e-mail) is received, La Maison Bleue owners will issue a confirmation statement used for further correspondence and check-in purposes.
- For Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT) and Direct Deposits, your surname and initials must be used as reference.
- All banking details appear on the quotation, Pro-forma invoice and final Invoice:
Account Holder: AJ van Wyk
First National Bank
Savings account number: 62454289226
Proof of payment: [email protected]
Reference: Your name and surname
- La Maison Bleue shall not be responsible for a payment made that’s not traceable to a specific reservation. The reservation will not be confirmed without proof of payment presented immediately after payment if a default reference was used.
- In the event of an in-house guest checking out prior to the guaranteed departure date, La Maison Bleue reserves the right to charge for the full duration of the original booking.
- From 60-30 days guests forfeit 25% of the deposit.
- From 30-20 days guests forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- From 20-10 days guests forfeit 75% of the deposit.
- Less than 10 days guests forfeit 100% of the deposit.
"No-Show" on the first night will lead to automatic cancellation of the reservation and the loss of the full payment. All "No-Show" clients will be charged in full for the entire duration of the reservation.
- A maximum of four guests can be accommodated. The maximum number of guests occupying the apartment must not exceed the number of guests booked. Under no circumstances will more than four people be permitted to occupy the apartment including children & infants.
- Should the number of guests exceed the number of guests that booked, an additional R200.00 pp per night will be charged, provided the number of guests do not exceed a maximum of four.
- A key and breakage deposit is payable five days prior to arrival. This deposit will be refunded within one week after departure and inspection of the apartment.
- Rates are subject to availability and fluctuations.
- Rates are for the apartment per weekend (Friday afternoon to Monday morning) or midweek (Monday afternoon to Friday morning) or alternatively full week (Friday-Friday/Monday-Monday) as quoted.
THE BOOKING SECTION IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR AVAILABLE DATES AND BOOKINGS.
Conditions, Amenities & Facilities
CONDITIONS OF RESIDENCE:
- Check-in time is from 14h00 until 18h00 (unless otherwise arranged).
- Check-out time is before 10h00 on the day of departure.
- Key should be handed back to Elaine Dewberry before departure.
- Regrettably no pets of any kind are permitted.
- Regrettably NO SMOKING is permitted in the apartment.
- Please reduce noise levels to a minimum after 22h00.
- A maximum of one vehicle is permitted in the basement parking area. Additional vehicles must park at the designated parking area in front of the building.
- The apartment is not serviced (cleaned) daily.
AMENITIES & FACILITIES:
- Cooling fans throughout the apartment.
- Flatscreen TV & DVD player.
- Wall mounted heaters.
- Weber braai/BBQ.
- Microwave oven.
- Hair dryer.
- Washing & tumble dryer combo machine.
- Stove & hob.
- Various books, magazines, DVD's & boardgames.
- Coffee machine.
- Vacuum cleaner and cleaning equipment.
- Linen, blankets and bath towels.
- Sandwich maker.
- Warm water bottles.
- Cutlery & crockery kitchen utensils.
- Iron & ironing board.
The friendly Elaine and Bertie Dewberry will welcome you upon arrival. The couple will show you around and guests are requested to report any damages, emergencies or problems regarding the facilities to them. This is a self-catering apartment and no daily cleaning services are available. Should guests stay for more than seven days, the apartment will be serviced and fresh linen will be provided half way through your stay. Welcoming refreshments (tea, coffee, milk, sugar and rusks) await our guests.
One parking bay in the secured basement is available to guests. An elevator operated by a key takes guests to the first floor. Only occupants of the complex have keys and the building could not be accessed by any other means.
The bedrooms have built-in closets and enough space to store your suitcases and luggage. The main bedroom has a queen size bed and the second bedroom has a double bed. Each bedroom is equipped with a fan and a heater and there is a safe in the main bedroom to lock up your valuables. All linen and blankets are provided.
The en-suite bathroom has a shower and the second bathroom has a bath. We've made effort to provide sufficient storage space for toiletries. Bath- and hand towels are provided and guests are requested to supply their own beach towels.
The kitchen is equipped with a fridge/freezer, washing machine/tumble dryer combo, microwave oven and stove and hob, kettle, coffee maker, toaster, iron, vacuum cleaner and cleaning utensils. All cutlery and crockery are provided.
LIVING & DINING AREA
The tastefully furnished living,-and dining area has a flat screen TV and DVD player. SABC channels only, but guests are welcome to bring along their decoders and smartcards. A fan and a heater will help you deal with seasonal weather conditions. To add to the holiday spirit, magazines, books, DVD’s and games will ensure that you have time to relax and spend quality time with the family.
The living area opens to a small balcony furnished with a patio table and chairs as well as a weber braai/bbq, if you want to have a barbeque or just watch the town come to life.
Your hosts, André and Maretha welcomes you to La Maison Bleue which is nestled in the center of Knysna, just walking distance from shopping malls, restaurants, Waterfront, Thesen Island and famous historical landmarks. Knysna offers endless activities to suit everyone’s needs. Activities include whale and dolphin watching, hiking and mountain biking and romantic picnics in the famous Knysna forests, fishing, sailing and diving, boat cruises, golfing at world class golf courses, trips to game and theme parks, bird-watching and shopping at one of many farm-style markets. Knysna is famous for its oysters and boasts and choice of restaurants. Whether you are seeking fun and adventure, romance, peace or tranquility, we would love to welcome you to La Maison Bleue.